Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cats and dogs of Venice (#9)

Dogs seem to be allowed everywhere here in Venice . I've seen them in the grocery store, the restaurants, the stores, the vaporettos. Great place to have a dog! Not many stray cats around as they have been eliminated. We have seen a few cats that are in apartments or near their homes.
Here are photos of some of the animals I've seen here. We've met several people as we like to pet the dogs!












A Chow and a puppy.








Sometimes people will tie up their dogs onto their doorway..this cocker spaniel was tied outside his apartment near my apartment, early one morning.








This darling puppy, Mia, is a 4 month old Stafordshire bull terrier (not a pit bull). She almost looks fake here but she is very real! She was a cutie; I could take her home with me. She belongs to the neighborhood antique dealer.




This guy lounges around our apartment!




Photo taken from the apartment.








An older Bouvier.








This is our local trattoria where we have cappuccino every morning and the dogs come in with their owners .... Sometimes getting scraps from the shop owner!




A restaurant where we stopped for lunch and cappuccino. Isn't he a cutie?




Today we met Max, a pug, in a jewelry shop. He wasn't too interested in us but when a little girl came to see him he practically smiled at her!




This is my 80 lb lap dog back home...I miss her!
Ciao !
Nancy
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: