Saturday, June 20, 2009

Beaver Island Michigan

The Beach on Sand Bay from last year. This year the water is up to the grass line -- it is up about a foot.
What you see when you arrive on the ferry to the island.

Greetings from the Emerald Isle! I am on Beaver Island for the summer. Working (making glass bead jewelry) and playing!


I just got here June 17th and found the lilacs just blooming. Plant time is about a month behind Ann Arbor where everything was blooming. They must have had little rain here as it appears to be quite dry. Yesterday I thought it was going to rain and storm but the storms went right around the island.


Now I need to unpack my boxes of stuff that I brought from Ann Arbor and organize things. But the power of Beaver Island has taken over and I am in "rest" mode. Even the dog seems to like just laying around or looking out the window at Lake Michigan!

I believe that Art in the Harbor starts up next weekend June 27th. Several artists get together in town to sell our creations from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Come visit if you are on the island! And of course you can see my jewelry at Livingstone Studio on the island also. Bier Gallery (south of Charlevoix about 6 miles in red schoolhouse) has several frog/turtle related items. Check them out too!

Next blog I'll get some photos!




GO BACK TO: http://www.BeaverIslandJewelry.com HOME PAGE

No comments: